Looking for a new piece of beef to grill?
Try an FSC Ranch Beef Tri Tip
|Tri Tip is from the Sirloin Section and is boneless, full of flavor and tender. Give this 296 calorie 24g protein per serving dish a try.|
|Tri Tip and Vegetables|
1 FSC Ranch Beef Tri-Tip Roast (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
2 small red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
2 medium yellow squash and/or zucchini, cut lengthwise in half1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil
Salt and ground black pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
2. Place Tri Tip and 1/3 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag, and save the rest of the marinade for later; turn Tri Tip to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Remove 1/4 cup of reserved marinade for ratatouille; set aside. Toss vegetables (except tomatoes) with remaining marinade.
4. Remove Tri Tip from marinade; discard marinade.
5. Place Tri Tip in center of grill over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill; arrange vegetables (except tomatoes) around roast.
6. Grill roast, covered, 25 to 35 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
7. Grill eggplant and bell peppers 7 to 11 minutes; zucchini and yellow squash 8 to 12 minutes (on gas grill, eggplant 6 to 8 minutes; bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash 7 to 11 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
8. Remove roast when thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
9. Meanwhile, cut grilled vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Combine vegetables, tomatoes, basil and the marinade that was set aside earlier in large bowl; toss to coat.
10. Carve roast diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
11. Season roast and ratatouille with salt and black pepper, as desired.
12. Serve roast with ratatouille.
(This recipe is from Beef It’s What’s For Dinner, a great source for cooking ideas!)
Order Online HERE,
or stop by the ranch!
We are open Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 6 PM and
Saturday from 9 AM – 5 PM
See You at the Ranch,
FSC Ranch Beef
2102 Pritchard Rd.
Clayton, NC 27527