- 1 beef Brisket Flat Half (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Chile powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
Cook’s Tip: You may substitute Brisket Point Half for Brisket Flat Half with no change to cook time. Brisket Point Half is not considered a lean cut.
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef Brisket Flat Half. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until brisket is fork tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from brisket, as desired. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.